Why Cloth Diaper?
New to Cloth Diapers?
Congratulations on your choice to learn about cloth diapers. We hope you discover how amazing today's cloth diapers are, and how far they've come from the ones your mother used!
The following is a list of reasons why cloth diapering is a terrific choice for modern babies and parents:
Better for Baby
Many people are uncomfortable with the chemicals found in disposable diapers, some of which have been linked to cancers and other diseases. Cloth diapering is the healthiest diapering choice you can make for your baby. Chemical-free, many of the cloth diaper styles found here at Cozy Bums employ a combination of unique fabrics designed to be waterproof yet breathable, wicking moisture away from baby's skin while keeping it dry and rash-free. Dry, comfortable, happy babies equal happy parents!
Better for Parents
We know that convenience and cost are two very important aspects of your diapering decision. Below, we describe how cloth diapers are extremely user-friendly, and budget-friendly too!
- Keep baby dry: Using innovative, modern fabrics, many of today's cloth diapers employ stay-dry fabrics that keep baby dry & comfortable. Super-soft fleece is a lovely bonus against baby's sensitive skin, too!
- Save money: Save over a thousand dollars using cloth diapers with one child. Watch the savings multiply as you do! LOL!
- Eliminate diaper rash: Diaper rash is almost a thing of the past. High-quality fleece or microsuede wicks moisture away from baby's delicate bottom, virtually eliminating rashes.
- Snug fit: All our diapers can be customized to snugly fit the legs and waist for your baby's unique shape, ensuring no leaks!
- Customized absorbency: Pocket and pouch diapers uniquely allow parents to stuff as much or as little padding as needed, as well as selectively padding diaper wet zones (in the front for boys, back for girls).
- Uninterrupted sleep: Boost your diaper's absorbency for night-time by adding a hemp doubler (as a second insert). With enough absorbency, a single diaper will stay dry, allowing for 10-12 hours of uninterrupted sleep!
- Still beautiful after years of use: Top quality fabrics paired with durable construction provides a stain-resistant diaper that will look like new and last for years. Most of our diapers even use a snap-closure system (such as Easy Peasies), so you can be sure they will continue to fasten securely even after hundreds of washes (virtually eliminating those curious toddler diaper-explorations!)
- Trim fit: Traditional cloth diapers are often bulky. Our diaper styles provide a highly absorbent, yet incredibly trim fit.
- Easy to use: Convenience is a huge driver for today's modern parents, and we agree! With pocket diapers, simply stuff the pocket and use! When soiled, shake the damp insert out and drop all into your diaper pail. On wash day, dump everything into the washer and press 'start'. Easy as pie! Other styles of cloth diaper require slightly different routines, but you'll find that once you get started, it's so easy you'll be wondering what you were ever so scared of!
- Easy cleanup: Really, really easy. Drop solids into the toilet (they shake right off) and then put the diaper into the diaper pail. Nothing more. No soaking, scrubbing, or swirling required!
- Energy savings: Pocket and pouch diapers have a separate insert and shell, allowing for a faster, more thorough clean (only one wash cycle needed). They dry a lot quicker too! This applies to fitted diapers and prefolds, too - the absorbent part (the diaper itself), is completely independent of the diaper cover, so everything gets really clean, really fast!
- Fabulously stylish!: Bubblegum pink, Ladybug red, Peacock blue... your baby will be the envy of the diaper crowd!
Better for our Planet
Millions and millions of diapers
end up in our landfills each year. You can do your part by making this
world a better place for your baby by ditching disposables and opting
for cloth. Each cloth diaper is 100% reusable.
CBC ran a great article in July 2008 on the benefits of cloth diapering. Read the article here.
Easy to Use!
- Cloth Diaper Kits and Packages
- Pocket Diaper Kits
- Hybrid/All-in-Two Kits
- All-in-One Diaper Kits
- Newborn Cloth Diaper Kits
- Sampler Diaper Kits
- Starter Cloth Diaper Packages
- Part Time Cloth Diaper Packages
- Full Time Cloth Diaper Packages
- Cloth Diaper Accessories Kits
- MADE IN CANADA
- Newborn Cloth Diapers
- All-In-One Cloth Diapers
- Pocket Cloth Diapers
- AMP Diapers
- AppleCheeks Diapers
- Elemental Joy
- Funky Fluff
- Imagine Baby
- Sweet Pea
- One-Size Cloth Diapers
- AMP Cloth Diapers
- Best Bottom
- Funky Fluff
- Imagine Baby
- Sweet Pea
- Hybrid and All-in-Two Cloth Diaper Systems
- Best Bottom System
- Flip System
- Funky Fluff Flex
- GroVia System
- Fitteds and Prefolds
- Cloth Diaper Covers
- Overnight Cloth Diapering
- Inserts, Doublers and Liners
- Wet Bags and Pail Liners
- Wet Bags / Travel Totes
- Diaper Pail Liners / Washable Diaper Pail Bags
- Food Safe
- Funky Fluff
- CLOTH DIAPER ACCESSORIES
- Travel Wet Bags
- Diaper Pail Bags
- Cloth Wipes
- Cloth-friendly Laundry Detergent
- Diaper Sprayer
- Prefold Diaper Fasteners
- Cloth-friendly Diaper Cream
- Swim Diapers
- Training Pants
- Cozy Mums
- Menstrual Care
- Skin & Body Care
- Apparel & Jewelry
- Mums on the Go
- Cloth Diapering on a Budget
- DIAPER DISCOVERY WORKSHOP